Saturday 21 September 2013

How can genre aid me in relation to my brief?

Genre will help aid me in relation to my brief as it is the main focus of a film, I need a genre to base my film on e.g a horror movie. Genre is what makes a film appealing to the audience. Genres come in many forms such as hybrids which are two genres merged together creating a new genre: Ron-Com (romantic comedy.) Sub-genres which are different forms of the same genre: Action thriller, occult thriller. 
By having the idea that genre has many forms it means that I can look more deeply into what is more popular to the audience and then decide on what genre I am going to choose. This way I have some idea on what to include but also  to avoid when making my 2 minute clip. This means Genre will help aid me in relation to my brief as If I decided to do a thriller it would mean that I would have to include a certain set of conventions such as low key lighting, shadows, obtrusive editing, quick cuts,changes in camera angle, tension music, stairs, flashbacks ect.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren where are your blog posts? You are extremely behind! I would look at audio and video entries to catch up.

    ReplyDelete